Todmorden is situated in the stunning Calder Valley, in West Yorkshire. It’s easy to get here on public transport from Manchester, Leeds, Burnley and Bradford.
Todmorden Folk Festival takes place every year over the May Day bank holiday weekend.
The core of our music happens at concerts in beautiful locations around the town (please see our programme for more details of the schedule); there are also free events, dancing and outdoor entertainments throughout the weekend:
- Festival cafe – Central Methodist Church, 10 – 5 Saturday
- Craft fair – Central Methodist Church, 10 – 5 Saturday
- Morris dancing – various locations, Saturday and Sunday
- Free outdoor music stage with pop-up local food/drink vendors – Oxford Street car park, 12 – 5.30 Sunday
- Music/singing sessions
- Workshops (tickets available on door)
- Free kids activities, 10.30 – 3.30 at Pollination Street:
- Crafts and games
- Special guest appearances!
We rely on our wonderful volunteers to keep the festival running every year. If you would like to help out, please get in contact (via social media is the best way).
[please be aware that we are a volunteer-run festival and cannot reply to all the emails we receive – sincere apologies for this]